Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful thoughts

I had a great day today.  I got to go to La Crosse all by myself and have a nice lunch with my sister at Piggy's.  They have a great soup and salad bar.
Do you know my sister?  She is awesome.
This is what she looks like after running a half-marathon.  Unbelievable.
I love her.
I don't get to spend nearly enough time with her.

I also did some shopping... nothing fun, though.

Charish and I started in on the lawn until it was time to go to Awana.  I got to listen to 3 second grade boys recite their verses tonight.  I love that.  There is an Awana program in Westby and Viroqua (and probably any city near you).  If you haven't heard of it you should check it out.  It is non-denominational, and an exceptional program to help you lead them to trust Christ for salvation and grow them in enduring faith and service to God.  (taken from their web site)
My kids have been going for 8 years and I have been serving there for 4.  If you want to know more about it ask me!

All sheetrock has been hung now.
It doesn't look like much progress has been made, but Ben has been (haha - it's late and everything is kinda funny) mudding for 2 days.  There is no electricity in the room so I'll have to take new pictures in the morning.

I am glad to catch my two shadows in the shots.  They were following me around.  Gracie is always singing a song and doing a dance.
With no help from you I have chosen a color.
For shame that you all read this but don't talk back to me!
It's okay.  I'll get over it.

Carpet is going to cost much more than I had expected :(

No school tomorrow and Friday and beautiful balmy weather means that my yard should get some more attention over the next few days.  I am hoping to prime, too but who wants to be inside with weather like this?

Praising God for it, and for all of these blessed moments.




1 comment:

  1. Such kind words make me cry! I love you too, Sis! Loved having lunch with you and so glad I took the time.

    Your project is really coming along! Enjoy the days off with the kids! HUGS to you!

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete